• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mta non-paid ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

contactor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New york

there was an emergency, i used the doors between trains. I didnt appeal or pay as I have been unable to handle my affairs and have had a guardian. Also, i didnt have control my social security until recently. The mta keep calling me and now the fine is up to $125 and they are threateneing me with court. can I ask for an accomodation as a disabled person to either reduce the fine and/or pay the original without penalty? or am i stuck paying a huge chunk of this months income toward this fee?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
And what was this "emergency"?

You ignored the ticket instead of having it adjudicated and NOW you want consideration? You won't get it from the Transit Adjudication Bureau, or any court probably.

You will have to suck it up and pay - do it soon before the fine is bumped up even higher. Next time answer the ticket in a timely manner and argue your case in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">