• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my apartment had my car towed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

traviz28

CALIFORNI

I live in an apartment that has assigned garages. Over the last 2+ years I have been living here I would come home late and find no parking so I would park parallel with my two assigned garages that I pay for. This morning I found my car towed because they said I can not block garages. These are my own garages I blocked. The manager said they are now enforcing parking rules. I want my $240 dollar towing fee back I had to pay. Do I have a chance at having the apartments reimburse/refund me?

I spoke with the property manager and her response was that their policy states no refunds for towing are ever given.

The answer would really depend on the terms of your tenancy agreement. Generally speaking though, logically speaking you should be able to block your own parking space without repercussion. But it seems like your agreement specifically states that you can't block parking spaces and gives no additionally qualifiers (can't block any space and/or including your own), as such the property management seems to be within its contractual rights to tow your car. They could also make the argument that you're blocking the space for cars that pass you by.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This question was asked and answered and then the accurate answers were argued by the OP who didn't like them.

Let's not rehash it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">