• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ. Car registered to my address, does not live here, not wanted here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexcarmen

New Jersey. Hi, my exboyfriend moved out of my house on 11/02/13, he has still not changed his address even though hes been told to literally 4 times a month, at least. His new gf and him bought a car and took a road trip to TN a few days before christmas 2013. No one thought anything of it except the other day my dad was looking for new car insurance and it listed all cars registered to our address, one was a 2000 Malibu, no one in our home remembers every owning one, we moved past the issue for a day and then a letter came for my ex from the car company that makes Malibu, Chevy i believe. and it said on the envelope-"his name, our address" Important information about Recalls. My dad then opened it and it confirmed both my exs name, the VIN for the car and the car make and model. He never owned that car here. Is he still allowed to do that because he hasnt changed his address? We are getting all his mail from child support (his other exs claim, legal notices from court houses, probation, etc and we send it back RTS). My dad wants to go to the police but I dont really see how that will help? They clearly cant make him change his address and they have already searched my home 3 times for any sign of him and have confirmed his address is not actually here. They also spoke to his new gf but she claimed they broke up even though her FB profile shows they are together. I dont know what to tell my dad.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
New Jersey. Hi, my exboyfriend moved out of my house on 11/02/13, he has still not changed his address even though hes been told to literally 4 times a month, at least. His new gf and him bought a car and took a road trip to TN a few days before christmas 2013. No one thought anything of it except the other day my dad was looking for new car insurance and it listed all cars registered to our address, one was a 2000 Malibu, no one in our home remembers every owning one, we moved past the issue for a day and then a letter came for my ex from the car company that makes Malibu, Chevy i believe. and it said on the envelope-"his name, our address" Important information about Recalls. My dad then opened it and it confirmed both my exs name, the VIN for the car and the car make and model. He never owned that car here. Is he still allowed to do that because he hasnt changed his address? We are getting all his mail from child support (his other exs claim, legal notices from court houses, probation, etc and we send it back RTS). My dad wants to go to the police but I dont really see how that will help? They clearly cant make him change his address and they have already searched my home 3 times for any sign of him and have confirmed his address is not actually here. They also spoke to his new gf but she claimed they broke up even though her FB profile shows they are together. I dont know what to tell my dad.
Your dad wants to go to the police even though your dad broke the law? Call your ex and tell him what you got and then ask where you can forward his mail to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">