• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nj drivers license suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jokeefe1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj
My NJ drivers license was suspended because I cant afford to pay a judgement against me. Is there any way to get my license back?

Proserpina

My NJ drivers license was suspended because I cant afford to pay a judgement against me. Is there any way to get my license back?

Would this judgment be for child support or spousal support?

Any sort of government debt? Criminal debt?

Because a regular creditor doesn't have that remedy available to them as a rule...

hobs

Do you know if NJ offers a restricted license that might allow you to drive to and from work only? You may be able to plead hardship if they do. How can you get to work to earn money to pay said judgments? might be something to look into.

asiny

Do you know if NJ offers a restricted license that might allow you to drive to and from work only? You may be able to plead hardship if they do. How can you get to work to earn money to pay said judgments? might be something to look into.
Don't take this as an attack on you per se, this is a generalised statement.
Whilst attempting to participate is great- a general rule is that if you don't know, don't give advice.
Many people who visit this site, especially 1st timers, don't know if the advice they are getting is useful or not and the OP could have wasted their time looking into the incorrect advice.
This part is directed towards you, but it also gives a reasoning behind the 'don't know, don't give' line.
You are in Florida, where laws are different. The OP is in NJ (where they DON'T offer ANY restricted licence for ANY reason). Therefore your advice is wrong.

If the OP cannot pay their judgement, they lose their licence- end of story.

The only way the OP can keep their licence is to pay the judgement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">