• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Parking Ticket - Parking/Intersection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoneWolf

What is the name of your state? NJ - Perth Amboy

I got a ticket for parking on the corner where I was "parked 25ft within the intersection". I saw not A SINGLE SIGN that stated that or any other sort of parking limits. There was also a mistake on the ticket, it has the plates listed as MA when they're actually from MD. Can I contest this ticket and what are my chances of winning? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance

~LoneWolf~

Add-on: Since the plates are supposedly from MA....can I just disregard this ticket? I mean...the plates are from MD...so how exactly will the ticket backtrack to me?

Last edited:

racer72

My SWAG 100CS* gives you a 3.88% chance of having the ticket dismissed. It is based on the fact no signage is required, the 25 foot rule is a law that applies to the whole state. The wrong state is not a fatal error that prevents you from presenting a valid defense to the ticket.

*(Silly Wild Assed Guess 100 Crap Shoot)

You Are Guilty

racer72 said:
My SWAG 100CS* gives you a 3.88% chance of having the ticket dismissed. It is based on the fact no signage is required, the 25 foot rule is a law that applies to the whole state. The wrong state is not a fatal error that prevents you from presenting a valid defense to the ticket.
See, now my Prognisticator 5000 (yes, I know, last year's model), said that both the signage and state issues were losers (0.0%), but the 6000, with its upgraded fuzzy logic circuits and bluetooth connectivity calculated that the signage issue at 0.5% and the state issue at 77.84%.

Of course, I had to "guesstimate" for the NJ judge's IQ (I used 95), the April/May correction ratio (12.5%) the and the luck factor (3.14159), so my results may be a bit off.

racer72

I just upgraded my SWAG 100CS with Windows 3.1, I am running it on an upgraded Commodore 64 computer. Ah, modern technology. ;)

You Are Guilty

That's great. It must be way faster than mine. I only have a Texas Instruments (TI) 99-4A. On the bright side, my cassette drive is wicked fast.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">