• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ: Tint ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doobie

Hi,
I got a tint ticket in Tenafly, New Jersey. There is a mandatory court appearance. I was wondering what I can do about this. I have all windows tinted (besides the windshield) and I really don't want to take the tints off because it's such a pain. I got a ticket like this before and a cop gave me a tint ticket as well as a speeding ticket and I had a lawyer represent me on that case and the lawyer just told the court that I don't have that car anymore and I traded it in (it's a lease).
1) I have a friend with the exact same car but without tints. Can I take a picture of his car and bring it to court?
2) Can I tell the court that my lease ended and I traded the car in and that's why I couldn't show the car to the court..

Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated!

xylene

Perjuring yourself is A LOT worse than a tint ticket and or the hassle of removal.

I am very sure that a player like yourself was well aware that fly dark tint is completely illegal and that you would be running the rick of falling into trouble.

Even if you didn't know. Too bad.

PS -You are being given the option to correct it. You just don't want to. That is not a defense strategy.

Trueborn12

Just remove them

I bought a crown victoria from a police auction from all places last year with all windows tinted. When i finally got my ticket i had the same attitude towards it. All in all, the tints took me about 15mins to take off. Alot faster than I thought. I know NY Law doesn't want tints on passenger and driver windows but its in the works to ban tints completely.

Heres an idea, read old posts and get possible out-dated information. Or do the dumb thing and ask on these forums what are the official rules or have they been revised or changed.

The Occultist

Heres an idea, read old posts and get possible out-dated information. Or do the dumb thing and ask on these forums what are the official rules or have they been revised or changed.
Are you serious? I mean, yes, if you're looking at a thread that's 5 years old, perhaps you shouldn't trust the answer completely, but questions relating to tinting have been answered enough times, and recently enough, that the laws aren't going to have changed in the matter of a couple months. Especially for an item so ridiculous as window tinting.

Are you serious? I mean, yes, if you're looking at a thread that's 5 years old, perhaps you shouldn't trust the answer completely, but questions relating to tinting have been answered enough times, and recently enough, that the laws aren't going to have changed in the matter of a couple months. Especially for an item so ridiculous as window tinting.
You have to excuse the newB. Trueborn12 was verbally hammered by some of us. If you google "Trueborn12" on this website and read the old posts, you will understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">