• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No child booster seat.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ymmot

What is the name of your state? California

Not sure if this is the right section, forgive me if it isn't. I was pulled over for my right side back break lights, it wasn't working. That was correctable and just needed to fix it and have them sign it, which I've done. But, I also got another violation on the ticket. My nephew was a 5 years old and was using a lap seat belt, but the law in CA requires that any child under 6 years old or 60lb is required to use a booster seat. I did not have a booster seat for him. I just want to know what the general outcome would be or anything I should expect from that violation on the ticket? fines, traffic school? court procedures? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

moburkes

I don't know. What statute is written on the ticket? Did you call the courts and ask them? The phone number should be on the ticket.

ymmot

I havn't called. I was planning on just going over there, but wanted a little info before I went.

moburkes

You do realize that your questions could have been answered 5 minutes ago, but, instead, you apparently like playing on the computer.

fair...

ymmot

This is an advice forum and I've come in seek of advice and information. If you did not know the answer, please do not bother to have even answering. I don't see how your sarcastic remark is of any assistance.

moburkes

This is an advice forum and I've come in seek of advice and information. If you did not know the answer, please do not bother to have even answering. I don't see how your sarcastic remark is of any assistance.
I've given you advice, you simply chose not to take it. Instead of asking a stranger on the internet to do your research for you, you could have received the answer in less time than it took to type your OP. That's all. I'm trying to teach you to fish, instead of doing your fishing for you. Obviously, you don't appreciate it, which is your right.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? California

Not sure if this is the right section, forgive me if it isn't. I was pulled over for my right side back break lights, it wasn't working. That was correctable and just needed to fix it and have them sign it, which I've done. But, I also got another violation on the ticket. My nephew was a 5 years old and was using a lap seat belt, but the law in CA requires that any child under 6 years old or 60lb is required to use a booster seat. I did not have a booster seat for him. I just want to know what the general outcome would be or anything I should expect from that violation on the ticket? fines, traffic school? court procedures? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Does your nephew weigh more than 60 lbs?

CourtClerk

Fyi

In case the OP decided not to call the courts or look up her ticket online, the fine for not having a child secured in a safety seat is $360 (unless the ticket was issued after 3/12/07, then it is more), will add a point to your driving record, and yes, you will need to attend traffic school if you don't want the point. It is a moving violation in the state of California.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In case the OP decided not to call the courts or look up her ticket online, the fine for not having a child secured in a safety seat is $360 (unless the ticket was issued after 3/12/07, then it is more), will add a point to your driving record, and yes, you will need to attend traffic school if you don't want the point. It is a moving violation in the state of California.
OP must be long gone...or I would have received an answer to my question :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">