• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Fine on Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melody301

What is the name of your state? Wash.,DC

I received a parking ticket that stated "Less than 5" of driveway". The problem with this ticket is two things:

1. It should have stated 5' not 5".
2. There is no fine checked off or specified anywhere on the ticket.

Am I responsibile to pay a fine that isn't even indicated? If I don't pay it can they enforce payment on me later and double it, although there really isn't anything to double?

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? Wash.,DC

I received a parking ticket that stated "Less than 5" of driveway". The problem with this ticket is two things:

1. It should have stated 5' not 5".
2. There is no fine checked off or specified anywhere on the ticket.

Am I responsibile to pay a fine that isn't even indicated? If I don't pay it can they enforce payment on me later and double it, although there really isn't anything to double?
5" is less than 5'. You're still guilty.

You can figure out the payment and pay it on line b y going here:
https://wmq.etimspayments.com/pbw/include/dc_parking/info.jsp

melody301

5" is less than 5'. You're still guilty.

You can figure out the payment and pay it on line b y going here:
https://wmq.etimspayments.com/pbw/include/dc_parking/info.jsp
I went to this website and typed in the citation number and even called the phone number that's on the back of the ticket and both times I got there is no information available for this citation. I actually spoke with a person when I called the number she gave me the same information.

The fact that it has no fine idicated, wouldn't that be grounds of dismissal of the citation. If the officer, which really isn't an officer it's just security personnel going around ticketing vehicles, improperly completed the ticket why do I have to pay for a fine that's not indicated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I went to this website and typed in the citation number and even called the phone number that's on the back of the ticket and both times I got there is no information available for this citation. I actually spoke with a person when I called the number she gave me the same information.

The fact that it has no fine idicated, wouldn't that be grounds of dismissal of the citation. If the officer, which really isn't an officer it's just security personnel going around ticketing vehicles, improperly completed the ticket why do I have to pay for a fine that's not indicated.
It's just not in the system yet. Having no fine is not cause for dismissal, as you will be notified of the fine in the mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">