• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No front License Plate, Not Registered Owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Liljay92260

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

The reason I am Posting this is Because I got 2 counts on a Ticket, One was Driving with no Valid Drivers License because I was unaware that it was suspended. And also A charge for No front License plate that is the Law in CA. Now the Vehicle I was pulled over in Was my Ex Girlfriends Car and Her parents are the registered owners of the Vehicle. I went to court and they dismissed the invalid DL with a PA of $20.00 and as far as the fix it ticket goes for the Vehicle, I do not speak to her anymore and any violations as far as no License plate, tinted windows, etc...Should go to the registered owner. I Pleaded not guilty and have to go to trial for the matter I just wanted to know if what i did was correct and that the Violation without correction should be sent to the Owners of the Vehicle so I am not charged with a fine for that. Please respond with Best Answer. Thanks

Sincerely,
Jay

racer72

any violations as far as no License plate, tinted windows, etc...Should go to the registered owner.
Nope, they go to and rightfully so to the driver of the vehicle. You, and no one else, is responsible to verify that any motor vehicle you drive is legal to operate on the road. That is why you were cited and will be found guilty in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">