• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"No Parking Anytime" Sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

accountingirl

Orange, California

I know there are a lot of posts related to this topic (most coming from LA County), but since none that I saw have really been answered, I decided to try mine.

I got a parking ticket last night "In Violation of Orange Municipal Code 10.38.010: No Parking Anytime Certain Hours." I was parked directly behind a large driveway. Across the driveway was a "No Parking Anytime" sign and a fire hydrant. There was also another "No Parking Anytime" sign a ways behind my car.

I just want to know where to look for any regulations stating how much distance the sign covers since they were spread pretty far apart and there were multiple cars parked between myself and the sign behind my car. I looked through the California Vehicle Code and California Driver's Handbook and couldn't find anything specific.

And just for curiousity's sake, does anyone know the rationale behind using those signs instead of painting the curb red? It would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

It's 50 feet from the last sign in my county. Sounds like you were in the middle of two, so that would put you in violation.

I 100 % agree with the painting of the curb, as we just went through all the drama of these signs out side my daughters school, for 1/2 mile down the road.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">