• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No proof of insurance nd dark blue tag lights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hani12

I live in Louisiana. My name is Hani. On 03/30/2016, i was pulled over by a police officer. The reason was my tag lights was dark blue and no proof of insurance. I forgot to go to the court. Yesterday i was checking my email i found a letter from police department .it shows that warrants have been issued for the arrest of [name removed]. Also, they asked me for 1060. And i don't have that money .im a full time student. what should I do to avoid this problem?. I asked them to make payments but they refused.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingRon

Why did you think you could blow off going to court? You need to contact the court and likely make an appearance. It is there that you can make arrangements to pay. However, you should not expect to drive again until you scrape up the funds to not only pay for your prior crimes but also to get insurance so that you may drive legally and responsibly.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I'm pretty sure that the lack of proof of insurance was not the reason police pulled Hani over.

Hani, on what planet do you "forget" to go to court? Do you "forget" to go to your exams at school?

Do you actually have auto insurance? Why do you have dark blue tag lights?

FlyingRon

The lights were almost certainly the justification. Actually, the way it works in Louisiana, he could indeed have been pulled over for no insurance. When your insurance is terminated, the company notifies the state and the state flags both your license plates and your driver's license if you don't respond within ten days showing them you have new coverage (or you no longer are operating the car).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">