• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No ticket placed on car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmonroe

What is the name of your state? DC

I park on a street that requires you to move your car by 7am for rush hour. I walked out to my car at 7:00 and noticed a parking enforcer sitting in her van. I got into my car and drove to the side street on the corner (which was 2 car lengths away) and waited for the parking enforcer to come up to my car if in fact she was writing a ticket. She never did. So, I drove away. That night I looked on dc.gov to see if I had any outstanding parking tickets. Sure enough, there was a $100 parking ticket. The next morning, I noticed the same parking enforcer outside the building and she recognized me. She said that even though the ticket was written, she never placed it on my car - therefore, I didn't get the ticket. She went further by telling me she spoke to her supervisor and they were supposed to be reversing the ticket. However, I called DC today - and they said that no one can reverse a ticket, that I must write in a letter to contest the parking ticket - one that I never received! Do you think I should show up in traffic court to contest it? Or, write in to contest it? And, do you think I am valid with my claim?What is the name of your state?

lmonroe

update

Went today to contest the parking ticket to DC Traffic Court. The ticket was dismissed.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">