• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-moving traffic ticket on school campus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheQueen02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was picking up my stepson on the NVCC campus in Loudon. a NVCC campus police officer pulled me over because the front license plate was missing (va code 46.2-715). I informed the officer that I'd been in an accident and the plate was lost..nevertheless, he proceeded to give me a citation.

some ppl have told me that the campus officer was not authorized to give that type of citation because the campus is considered private property. I called the campus to see if it's considered private or public and was told simply that it was owned by the state of VA.

are my friends right or the campus police officer?

asiny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was picking up my stepson on the NVCC campus in Loudon. a NVCC campus police officer pulled me over because the front license plate was missing (va code 46.2-715). I informed the officer that I'd been in an accident and the plate was lost..nevertheless, he proceeded to give me a citation.

some ppl have told me that the campus officer was not authorized to give that type of citation because the campus is considered private property. I called the campus to see if it's considered private or public and was told simply that it was owned by the state of VA.

are my friends right or the campus police officer?
NVCC is owned by the state and, therefore, is not private property. It would be state property and fall under state rules, laws and regulations. So, to answer your question, your friends don't know what they are talking about.
I informed the officer that I'd been in an accident and the plate was lost..
How recently was this accident that it prevented you from getting a replacement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">