• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure if in right subject

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twister16901

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
if something falls off of the back of a truck that had the tailgate down,
and goes under your vehicle and does some damage that you have to have fixed, and you did not get the license plate number and the truck never came back do you have the right to pick of the piece that fell off the truck or do I have to turn it into police?

Banned_Princess

you shouldnt be following a truck that has its tailgate down so closely that if something falls off you run it over, thats your fault...

this would be covered under your collision coverage.

what is it that fell off?

twister16901

First of all I wasn't following the truck we were both stopped across from each other, I was turning left and they were turning left see we were both turning and going the opposite way
we both pulled out and when he did he spun his tires and a hard black case fell off we beeped our horn and tried to get his attenion to stop but he did not...maybe because he was distracted talking on his cell phone...but anyway how it occured does not matter. My question was do I have legal right to keep the case?
no there isn't any money or anything like that in it! Before you even ask.

Banned_Princess

First of all I wasn't following the truck we were both stopped across from each other, I was turning left and they were turning left see we were both turning and going the opposite way
we both pulled out and when he did he spun his tires and a hard black case fell off we beeped our horn and tried to get his attenion to stop but he did not...maybe because he was distracted talking on his cell phone...but anyway how it occured does not matter. My question was do I have legal right to keep the case?
no there isn't any money or anything like that in it! Before you even ask.
certainly you can keep it.

that truck owner probably didn't notice the case fell off, until he arrived at his destination.

losers weepers, finders keepers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">