• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice to Remove Vehicle Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadownova

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.
I'm writing this, because over the course of the last year and a half my family and I, have endured constant harassment from our local police department. To top off the cake, I wake up this morning to find a 24 hour notice to remove vehicle; they cite the motor vehicle code of the state of Washington, Title 46.55.085.

Apparently my vehicle was somehow classified as abandoned? Mind you, it was parked in front of OUR house, which my brother owns, and I drove it home from work 3 nights ago. According to the slip they left, their reasoning is the vehicle had expired tabs. Today is July 25th, the tabs expired on the 22nd. I have a two part question: Can they legally tow a car from in front of my house for expired tabs? And if it is legal, is their any leniency or grace period to get the tabs renewed, before they can tow a vehicle?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.
I'm writing this, because over the course of the last year and a half my family and I, have endured constant harassment from our local police department. To top off the cake, I wake up this morning to find a 24 hour notice to remove vehicle; they cite the motor vehicle code of the state of Washington, Title 46.55.085.

Apparently my vehicle was somehow classified as abandoned? Mind you, it was parked in front of OUR house, which my brother owns, and I drove it home from work 3 nights ago. According to the slip they left, their reasoning is the vehicle had expired tabs. Today is July 25th, the tabs expired on the 22nd. I have a two part question: Can they legally tow a car from in front of my house for expired tabs? And if it is legal, is their any leniency or grace period to get the tabs renewed, before they can tow a vehicle?
Why should it matter? You now were informed of your oversight and can renew the tabs.

xylene

Harassment or Courtesy?

Absolutely you could be towed.

There is no grace period.

Why would you believe otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">