• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY parking tic,wrong plate in computer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe.d

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
ok, received NY parking ticket for parking in a parking lot without permit...no cameras(checked)..ticket is not printed,was handwritten. on the ticket itself i have custom plates..for example.OURGUYS....keep in mind..ticket is handwritten and no other info but color of vehicle and make model...no vin at all.
I went into NYC website to pay ticket and i see O4RGUYS...checked the ticket and the U looks exactly like a 4.(handwritten). Then went into details and still see O4RGUYS as plate in system. question is: should i pay it? i know if i go to court and plead not guilty NY judges are hardasses. or should i wait to see the outcome...im thinking there is NO way to trace this back to me>>no other info is on ticket..

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Of course you should pay it. You earned it - the other poor sap sure didn't!

joe.d

so what your saying is: if you receive a fine>>you...yourself>>> you dont look for errors? you just pay it? you dont look for reduced fines or any other way for you to get ticket dismissed...is this correct?
you or anyone else in your family...just pay it..no questions asked?
and if your answer is "yes" why do we have this forum to ask any questions about parking violations.....just write in large letter at top of forum...DONT ASK>>>JUST PAY IT!!.....save people alot of time...
.Thanks for your well thought out answer...

Zigner

so what your saying is: if you receive a fine>>you...yourself>>> you dont look for errors? you just pay it? you dont look for reduced fines or any other way for you to get ticket dismissed...is this correct?
you or anyone else in your family...just pay it..no questions asked?
and if your answer is "yes" why do we have this forum to ask any questions about parking violations.....just write in large letter at top of forum...DONT ASK>>>JUST PAY IT!!.....save people alot of time...
.Thanks for your well thought out answer...
If my attempt to weasel out of a ticket has the potential to cause some other person harm, then yes, I would pay the ticket. How can you even consider it "right" to take advantage of this to the detriment of somebody else?

You Are Guilty

An incorrect license plate on the ticket is a "fatal flaw" and the ticket can be successfully contested on that basis. (Note - contested, not ignored.)

A search in here in the Parking ticket forum, or on nyc.gov or about 5 seconds on google will give you all the gory details how.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
and no other info but color of vehicle and make model...no vin at all.
The VIN is not necessary. The model of the vehicle is never put on a parking violation notice.

im thinking there is NO way to trace this back to me>>no other info is on ticket..
There has to be SOME information on the ticket.

If the plate is wrong it will be dismissed - plain and simple.

Zigner

If the plate is wrong it will be dismissed - plain and simple.
But, if the plate matches some other poor sob, then that other sob is going to be stuck with the ticket.

ETA: I get the distinct impression that this OP is not going to take the time to head in and point out the error. This OP will simply ignore it, as it cannot be traced back to the OP. THAT is where I am coming from in my responses...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">