• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC defective ticket dismissal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluetrane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi everyone. Thanks to all in advance for helping me with my parking ticket. I was late for a rehearsal and parked on the corner of a street. My rear bumper was barely in front of a pedestrian ramp. I almost tapped the car in front of me to squeeze in. I thought "no prob". When I went back to my car, lo and behold there was that horrid orange envelope. $165!!!!! holy crap. So anyway I blew off some steam and began the process of figuring out how to fight this thing.

I came across cases that were dismissed because of defective tickets. I noticed on my ticket that the traffic cop got the make of my car wrong and the body type. The make he wrote down is Mitsu and the body type 2door sedan. The color is wrong too but I know that won't pass. The make of my car is Toyota and it's a 2 door hatchback. It's silver.

I have two questions.

1. Does this count as a defective ticket? I read a pdf from '99 saying that it would be so.

(I also have a few other things that I would challenge but I thought I should start with the obvious.)

2. When I send the ticket in pleading not guilty how do I go about proving that the ticket is defective? Do I do it on the day of my hearing or do I make a copy of my registration and mail it in?

Thank you all for your help!

The Occultist

There are actually quite a few threads dealing with NY ticket defects; I advise using the search bar to find them. Specifically, you should find posts made by You Are Guilty, who is the local NY parking ticket guru.

bluetrane

There are actually quite a few threads dealing with NY ticket defects; I advise using the search bar to find them. Specifically, you should find posts made by You Are Guilty, who is the local NY parking ticket guru.
Thank you for the reply. I've read almost all of the topics about ticket defects and have a general idea of will defect a ticket. I was hoping someone could give me a more definite answer about my specific situation. I was hoping maybe You Are Guilty could chime in.

Thank you.

You Are Guilty

He could, but he has a job, and limited time to answer questions, and no longer chooses to answer the same ones over, and over, and over, and over...

As noted, this exact question has already been answered, both by myself and others, multiple times. The "advanced search" button works wonders.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">