• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC: Incorrect info on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cloudz7

What is the name of your state? NY

Hey I know this question has been asked numerous times but according to the pdf file I found on Averad's post, http://www.nysscpa.org/prof_library/city2000/deptfinancepubs/pvo_itslaw_00.pdf.

A parking ticket would be dissmissed if the vehicle type is misprinted on the ticket. I recieved a ticket for parking at a bus stop and the ticket says that the car is a 4DSD while my car is a 2 door coupe, not to mention the ticket says the car is red, while my car is purple. Can some experts on NYC parking please give me some advice.
My ticket number is 7583302470, can one of you experts look it up on the nyc.gov website and let me know if I can contest it.

Thanks to Averad, and You are Guilty for the posts where I found this info.

racer72

The incorrect information was not an element of the citation. It does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation. The link you supplied says the ticket can be dismissed if certain information is incorrect. Challenge the citation, the worse that happens is you waste a day off from work.

You Are Guilty

The incorrect information was not an element of the citation. It does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation. The link you supplied says the ticket can be dismissed if certain information is incorrect. Challenge the citation, the worse that happens is you waste a day off from work.
Ditto.

PS: You can look it up yourself here:
http://nycserv.nyc.gov/NYCServInquiry/NYCSERVMain

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">