• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC No PArking Ticket with 2 mins left on street cleaning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Explain the violation a bit better. Are you saying you pulled up to a parking space and parked there 2 minutes before it was allowed or had you been parked there and you didn't get the ticket until 2 minutes before the time changed to allow you to park there

justalayman

I see a possible defense of diminished capacity.

It is obvious you are incapable of actually reading the sign as proven by your response, or actually lack of a response to anything I actually asked

chuvak13

Which part is not clear? I parked in a zone that had no parking/street cleaning until 10:30am. I received a ticket at 10:28am according to the time printed on the ticket.

I see a possible defense of diminished capacity.

It is obvious you are incapable of actually reading the sign as proven by your response, or actually lack of a response to anything I actually asked

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What's not clear is why you think you have any defense for parking there prior to 10:30.

justalayman

Which part is not clear? I parked in a zone that had no parking/street cleaning until 10:30am. I received a ticket at 10:28am according to the time printed on the ticket.
I gave two scenarios. All you had to do is pick one but rather than do that, you continue to support my statement of diminished capacity.

OHRoadwarrior

Your argument is not with us. It is with the parking ticket hearing department. Unless there is an atomic clock nearby or there are meters that display time, your phone or car could reasonably differ by a few minutes. I have never heard of the traffic department publishing on their web site an official coordination time for motorists.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you received a ticket there at 10:28, then clearly you were parked there prior to 10:30. Since the sign clearly says that there is no parking there until 10:30, you clearly were parked there when you were not supposed to be.

I ask again, what defense do you believe you have?

HINT - We are not here for the purpose of helping people evade the laws or, alternately, to evade the consequences of the laws they break. If you thought this forum was to help you find ways to break the laws with no consequences, you were wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">