• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC Parking Ticket (Bus stop Zone near Central Park)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpbs

What is the name of your state? NJ

I was issued a parking ticket on Fifth Avenue (Central Park). I was given a ticket eventhough there was more than three bus lengths of space between my car and the bus stop sign. Does anyone know if three bus lengths space between the car and the bus stop sign is OK?What is the name of your state?

Happy Trails

What is the name of your state? NJ

I was issued a parking ticket on Fifth Avenue (Central Park). I was given a ticket eventhough there was more than three bus lengths of space between my car and the bus stop sign. Does anyone know if three bus lengths space between the car and the bus stop sign is OK?What is the name of your state?
Do you know what the code is on your ticket?

You Are Guilty

My understanding is a bus stop starts at the bus stop sign/shed, and continues until the next regulatory sign. If there is no other sign, then the bus stop extends the length of the entire block. (I'll have to double check when I have more time, but I think this rule comes from a combination of 4-08(1) and 375 of the VTL)

Call DOT (via 311) and ask them how to get a copy of the documents showing the signs that are supposed to be on that block, and compare that to the signs that actually are there. If a sign was knocked down or missing, you may have found your defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">