• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYS inspection expiration grace period? also license plate covered?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tym

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My expiration was 6/15/08. its the 25th. dont i get a 10 day grace period or something or am i mistaken? and I read in another post that it's not like an equipment ticket, so even if i get an inspection tomorrow It won't count? Is that correct?

also, I got a license plate covered ticket, i assume because theres a clear plastic protector over the front license plate. Is that even illegal?

thanks

You Are Guilty

My expiration was 6/15/08. its the 25th. dont i get a 10 day grace period or something or am i mistaken?
You are mistaken.
and I read in another post that it's not like an equipment ticket, so even if i get an inspection tomorrow It won't count? Is that correct?
If you did it within 24 hours, a lenient judge might have let you off the hook. 10+ days later? Not so much.
also, I got a license plate covered ticket, i assume because theres a clear plastic protector over the front license plate. Is that even illegal?
Yep.
Welcome.

FlyingRon

The only "10 day" thing you get is an extension if you go in and your car fails based only on the emissions check.

OP85063

You are mistaken.

If you did it within 24 hours, a lenient judge might have let you off the hook. 10+ days later? Not so much.

Yep.

Welcome.
Nope, he will not be let off the hook.
But hold up, what year car you have? I know if you are is 1996 and new, your inspection expire on the last day of the month. If it's 1995 and under, it does have a specific date on which it expires.

Covering your plate is not a fix it ticket. People do that not to get caught when they run a red light camera and the judge knows that. It is illegal to cover your plates in NYS, that's like you having strobe lights on you car, it's not a fix it ticket. The plate cover is a lesser offense though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">