• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obstruction of traffic parking ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MichaelLas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Carbondale, Pa

I just today received a ticket for obstructing traffic. There were no other vehicles parked on the side of the street that I was parked on, but there also not a single sign that mentioned you could not park on that side. Also, I was close to the curb and it is a decently wide street. The next block up there were some cars parked on the same side which I was on. Also, the ticket does not mention which side of the street I was parked on, or even the address (just the cross street I was closest to). Thank you in advance for any advice!

Mike

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Funny, my girlfriend just got the same type of parking ticket in Connecticut under almost identical circumstances.

Not sure what you're looking for here. You've outlined all the problems with the alleged violation. Argue it in court and see what happens. Worst case is that you'll lose and have to pay.

I am used to New York City where the parking tickets, especially the location, have to be pretty exact. I would say that just based upon the very non-specific location noted on the ticket it should be dismissed, but that jurisdiction may not be very strict.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">