• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Outstanding violation unknown ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmmmgee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Please help.. I just got an LDC collection system letter from a collection agency. It said I have a very old outstanding parking violation ticket since 2005!!! Its kinda weird, because I have never run away from any parking ticket before and its rare to have one parking ticket for years since I got my license. The licence plate showed on the letter is my old car plate. I wonder if I really had a such violation ticket, why don't they do anything about it much earlier instead wait until now to send me a 7 years old ticket and ask for payment. I am losing all the record of the car. What can I do about this ticket? I really don't want to pay for it. Because it is really ridiculous.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Please help.. I just got an LDC collection system letter from a collection agency. It said I have a very old outstanding parking violation ticket since 2005!!! Its kinda weird, because I have never run away from any parking ticket before and its rare to have one parking ticket for years since I got my license. The licence plate showed on the letter is my old car plate. I wonder if I really had a such violation ticket, why don't they do anything about it much earlier instead wait until now to send me a 7 years old ticket and ask for payment. I am losing all the record of the car. What can I do about this ticket? I really don't want to pay for it. Because it is really ridiculous.
Any possibility that the vehicle was in the possession of someone else when the ticket was allegedly issued? Perhaps a friend or family member? Even if it was, it still would not absolve you of your responsibility to pay the ticket. But you might be able to go after the person who used the car and got the ticket (but then again, maybe not, since it has been 7 years).

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I wonder if I really had a such violation ticket, why don't they do anything about it much earlier instead wait until now...
You need to ask that question of the parking authority who issued the original ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">