• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old tickets new tickets-new jersey and me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raggedraider

What is the name of your state? new jersey.

here is my problem

i have recieved COUNTLESS tickets in new jersey ( when i was younger i was pretty bad and probably deserved it ) ( tickets )

now im trying to straighten it all out
one of the issues im having is - i cant get the police station to give me an excat amount of what i owe.-the lady at the desk says " its not my job to handel old tickets "
i understand its difficult to " gather up " all of my crap-but

a few years ago i had gotten in alot of trouble again ( i went to prision for a bb gun ) and i figured this was a good chance to take care of ALL my problems at once--so i contaced the police station " violations" and asked if i could get a date , deal with my warrents , total my fines , and pay

much to my suprise i found that half of what i thought i had ( pending , ect ) - wasnt there ? , i asked and made sure ( several times as to make no mistake )

later i was eventually released on a " program " from prision - and of course the conditions of this program was to not get arrested.--- so still paying my fines (to the township) and being released i contacted " violations" and did my proper adress change ( so they could send me warrents, ect )

SO a few months into this program i get arrested on pending warrents that i had in the same town i had just asked ( are you sure ?)
of course being the criminal i was it was difficult trying to explain to my i.s.p officer on just why i didnt get notifyed on my warrents.
more importantly --how did i get out of prision with warrents ?

to qualify for the release program i needed to continue employment-- so i had to " bond " out ( 750 bucks ) --to keep my job
and hire a lawyer to make my adress change " stick " ( 700+ bucks )
so far im 1400 buks or so ---that has no chance to making it to my fines--

i call the police station on a regular basis to check myself for warrents and to check to see if there is any " new " tickets .
i found this to be the best way
but now i have a new problem
every time i go and ask what i owe they keep giving me different numbers ( sometimes good sometimes bad ?)

i wish i could get something i trusted and was confident in that said "YOUR FINES ARE THIS MUCH -- IF YOU PAY THIS MUCH YOU ARE DONE WITH PAYING YOUR FINES --- "
but the lady at the desk says she cant do that .
I CANT EVEN REMEMBER WHAT I PAYED AND WHAT I DIDNT
I CANT REMEMBER 80 PERCENT OF MY TICKETS ?
some of these tickets go back to 1987
I COULD HAVE PAYED FOR THIS CRAP WILE I WAS IN JAIL--BUT THEY TOLD ME I DIDNT OWE.

my life is shot-- i cant tell an employer that im not in trouble with the law, i cant say my BAD life is behind me-- my wife has had enough because we thought all we had to do was deal with it and it will end --i cant leave the state ( because i have to be in walking distance of turning myself in ( when ever something new " pops " up ) and i dont have a licence-- because i have to pay my fines

i was sentenced--- but my sentence continues to change ( over 18 years ago to current )

i have bankrupted on my surcharges ( if that was all of them ?)

i would be eligeble to get my licence back ( in sept ) for the first time in 18 years ---but cant have a job driving , because if im revoked ( for tickets outstanding( that i dont know i have ) i will more that likley loose it.( and not know untill i get stopped )
tell it to my boss --- tell it to the judge ---in any event i loose
because i was sentenced-- i cant get a " hearing " with out first getting a warrent for non payment ( lady in violations )

to this day i can remember ( bob kelly ) ( police officer ) telling me
" im goin to ruin your life --ill cut tickets and hold them back so you can serve your driving on the revoked time seperately "
and i did
should i leave the country ?

the state had attached my parents house for the surcharges -- i dont live there.
i am depressed and no amount of medication can get me past this
I HAVE NEVER HAD A DWI .
what should i do ? pay a lawyer or pay my fines ?
thanx if you made it this far
sorry for the long letter
pass this to whom ever you feel fit
thanx for letting me vent
[email protected]

S

seniorjudge

raggedraider said:
What is the name of your state? new jersey.

here is my problem

i have recieved COUNTLESS tickets in new jersey ( when i was younger i was pretty bad and probably deserved it ) ( tickets )

now im trying to straighten it all out
one of the issues im having is - i cant get the police station to give me an excat amount of what i owe.-the lady at the desk says " its not my job to handel old tickets "
i understand its difficult to " gather up " all of my crap-but

a few years ago i had gotten in alot of trouble again ( i went to prision for a bb gun ) and i figured this was a good chance to take care of ALL my problems at once--so i contaced the police station " violations" and asked if i could get a date , deal with my warrents , total my fines , and pay

much to my suprise i found that half of what i thought i had ( pending , ect ) - wasnt there ? , i asked and made sure ( several times as to make no mistake )

later i was eventually released on a " program " from prision - and of course the conditions of this program was to not get arrested.--- so still paying my fines (to the township) and being released i contacted " violations" and did my proper adress change ( so they could send me warrents, ect )

SO a few months into this program i get arrested on pending warrents that i had in the same town i had just asked ( are you sure ?)
of course being the criminal i was it was difficult trying to explain to my i.s.p officer on just why i didnt get notifyed on my warrents.
more importantly --how did i get out of prision with warrents ?

to qualify for the release program i needed to continue employment-- so i had to " bond " out ( 750 bucks ) --to keep my job
and hire a lawyer to make my adress change " stick " ( 700+ bucks )
so far im 1400 buks or so ---that has no chance to making it to my fines--

i call the police station on a regular basis to check myself for warrents and to check to see if there is any " new " tickets .
i found this to be the best way
but now i have a new problem
every time i go and ask what i owe they keep giving me different numbers ( sometimes good sometimes bad ?)

i wish i could get something i trusted and was confident in that said "YOUR FINES ARE THIS MUCH -- IF YOU PAY THIS MUCH YOU ARE DONE WITH PAYING YOUR FINES --- "
but the lady at the desk says she cant do that .
I CANT EVEN REMEMBER WHAT I PAYED AND WHAT I DIDNT
I CANT REMEMBER 80 PERCENT OF MY TICKETS ?
some of these tickets go back to 1987
I COULD HAVE PAYED FOR THIS CRAP WILE I WAS IN JAIL--BUT THEY TOLD ME I DIDNT OWE.

my life is shot-- i cant tell an employer that im not in trouble with the law, i cant say my BAD life is behind me-- my wife has had enough because we thought all we had to do was deal with it and it will end --i cant leave the state ( because i have to be in walking distance of turning myself in ( when ever something new " pops " up ) and i dont have a licence-- because i have to pay my fines

i was sentenced--- but my sentence continues to change ( over 18 years ago to current )

i have bankrupted on my surcharges ( if that was all of them ?)

i would be eligeble to get my licence back ( in sept ) for the first time in 18 years ---but cant have a job driving , because if im revoked ( for tickets outstanding( that i dont know i have ) i will more that likley loose it.( and not know untill i get stopped )
tell it to my boss --- tell it to the judge ---in any event i loose
because i was sentenced-- i cant get a " hearing " with out first getting a warrent for non payment ( lady in violations )

to this day i can remember ( bob kelly ) ( police officer ) telling me
" im goin to ruin your life --ill cut tickets and hold them back so you can serve your driving on the revoked time seperately "
and i did
should i leave the country ?

the state had attached my parents house for the surcharges -- i dont live there.
I HAVE NEVER HAD A DWI .
what should i do ? pay a lawyer or pay my fines ?
thanx if you made it this far
sorry for the long letter
pass this to whom ever you feel fit
thanx for letting me vent
[email protected]
a few years ago i had gotten in alot of trouble again ( i went to prision for a bb gun )
BB guns? Surcharge attachments? Depression?

I give up. What are you talking about? What does it have to do with parking tickets?

raggedraider

the issue im having is

they cannot tell me what i owe
but they are holding me to it

there is no " noob " section --- so it gets posted here.
and as you can tell -- im not a lawyer so im not that good at figuring out excatly what laws im talking about.

if you like please post a link and ill take it elseware.

MODERATOR IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG FOURM PLEASE REMOVE IT.

seniorjudge:
I give up. What are you talking about? What does it have to do with parking tickets?
1)sorry you gave up
2)Im talking about tickets and fines ( including parking tickets )
3)bb guns got me in prision--where "I" wanted to deal with ALL of my problems including parking/speeding/wreckless tickets
4)depression is what you get when you were a rotten punk in a town that had issues with your family --that had police sit in front of your house and write tickets -------and now allmost 20 yrs later im still trying to pay and want to pay --but cant write a check because they wont tell me the right amount .

sorry if my english is bad - i went to school in nj -try to tolerate it - i dont qualify for education -because i graduated
thanx for any reply

raggedraider

i actually got a print out from a friend in a different town ( police )

and then did it again ( at a later date ) .
and the numbers dont " jive "--( and its not because im paying it down )

some of my tickets are not on the mv sheet.

i think there are several files on me ( at violations ) and they cant put them together-- or they are holding them back.

i thought i had 1 more "driving on the revoked/ no insurance" that i blew off when i was younger ( no apperance -no warrant -yet )-- i keep asking they say no--- can i just admit to it and do the time to get it over with ?
( i know even if its "old" and likely to be thrown out ill still be arrested and have to go back to jail ) -- i have to think about this ALL the time.

the #1 issue im having is
30 yrs down the road --ill have a warrant( or maybe not ?) for non payment ( for tickets that are not being pulled out of there "secret hiding place " )
or be revoked ( most likely with out warning )--get stopped,get arrested,loose job , ect

even if the judge says ok your done
if a new " old " ticket "pops" up --im still responsible

i can expect to do this for the rest of my life
this was not part of my original sentencing
im am not " free " to go
dont i have any right to a reasonable , " set in stone" sentence?

i bankrupted on surcharges ( not as much as to put it behind me ) but to "draw a line in the dirt "and to be responsible--so if any bill collectors come up with stuff after it clears , i can say sorry

i cannot bankrupt on fines
so this can be left "open" for ever?

thanx

humble angel

NJ Tickets

WOW, sorry to hear your having such a hard time with these tickets and
the record of such - I used to work in the Records Department and part of
my job was researching tickets - old or new, it didn't matter. And then we
didn't have computers to rely on! I don't understand why somebody can't
just get a printout of all your summons - paid and unpaid. I think thats wrong
and IS part of their job at the Records Dept. As a Civil Servant, this is the
job they are to do - not just pass the buck.

Have you tried going into an Insurance Company and request a quote for
coverage - (I used to work with them too) then they will do a search on
your record of your driver's license - IF there are any outstanding tickets
they should all come up on that printout - Otherwise, do a form letter and
send it out to every single Police Department you can think of that you may
have been ticketed in - - And if all this fails, perhaps you can request to be
seen in front of a Judge - Explain to him all the research you have attempted
to do, all the road blocks that you have encountered and show the Judge
your honest attempt to clear all this stuff up. Everybody makes mistakes -
none of us are free from mistakes from our youth or whatever situations
may have occured. Nobody is perfect - So when we attempt to rectify our
mistakes, others should not stand in our way of doing so - and a Judge IF
it comes to that, will surely understand your dilemma and your desire to
fix it and to do it right, once and for all.

Again, I'm sorry your going through such a tough time trying to make it right -
but don't give up, and never give in! Take it all the way up to the top if you
have to - fight for the right to square things once and for all. You have the
right to do so - I'm know its hard and can really be depressing - its very
stressful and SO annoying! Just keep excellent records of all you are doing,
keep everything in chronological (date) order - neatly in files, easily
organized - and GO GET EM!!

Hope I was able to help somewhat - good luck, and remember some of
us have spent years trying to square some things and make them right -
YEARS! So we know what it truly entails - but in the end, its all worth it.

humble angel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">