• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One side of "No Parking" (street cleaning) sign obfuscated by spray paint ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vandelay

One side of "No Parking" (street cleaning) sign obfuscated by spray paint ...

Received a parking citation in San Francisco in violation of parking during street cleaning hours. I parked right beneath a sign that reads "No Parking 1 PM to 3 PM ----- Street Cleaning," where the part between "3 PM" and "Street Cleaning" was sprayed over with spray paint. Thus I could not determine on what days the 1 PM to 3 PM restriction applied. Later, I noticed that the sign is double-sided, and that the other side is not obfuscated. I requested a review, claiming that the sign was not legible, but received a reply that an on-site field survey was made, which confirmed that, in accordance with code, a legible sign IS posted within 100 feet of where I parked (there are no other signs within 100 feet, just the one I parked beneath). Any chance I can get this citation dismissed?

CdwJava

You are free to contest the parking cite and appeal it as allowed under the city's process for such appeals and state law. Though, I suspect you will not prevail, but, you are free to try - including paying a fee (refundable if you prevail) to take it to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">