• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state parking ticket (& moving to a 3rd state)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camelia

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

1. My car is registered in Washington state. When I was in Philadelphia I got 3 parking tickets. Further, I am moving to California soon & when I get there I will be registering my car in California (go directly from WA registration to CA registration), so my car will never be registered in Pennsylvania. Given this, can I get by without paying the tickets? What would happen if I need to come back to PA some day?

2. If I do have to pay the above, then my question is: 2 of the parking tickets were for the same parking violation (the car was still in the same spot) & I got another ticket. Can I contest the 2nd ticket?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh brother - pay your tickets and move on. You will save yourself ALOT of trouble down the road.

seniorjudge

I'd pay the tickets.

The government is turning overdue tickets over to collection agencies.

You don't want them after you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">