• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State parking tickets- ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprilmay13135

What is the name of your state? I'm from NY, i received a parking ticket in Cleveland, OH.

This may be stupid, but do I need to do anything about this ticket?

You Are Guilty

aprilmay13135 said:
What is the name of your state? I'm from NY, i received a parking ticket in Cleveland, OH.

This may be stupid, but do I need to do anything about this ticket?
Nah, New Yorkers are granted special immunity from out-of-state tickets. Feel free to speed, drive drunk, park and shoot people with impunity! :rolleyes:

gawm

You Are Guilty said:
Nah, New Yorkers are granted special immunity from out-of-state tickets. Feel free to speed, drive drunk, park and shoot people with impunity! :rolleyes:
I live in Arizona but I'm originally from New York. Do I get that impunity also?

You Are Guilty

Well, since you asked nicely - yes. Just use the "secret NY sign" at your next traffic stop - it looks remarkably like "the bird", but real New Yorkers know that it just means that the officer is #1. Works like a charm, try it! :D

aprilmay13135

hey now!

I meant, are there any reasons why i should do anything about this ticket? i will submit a letter of appeal (or some other official name that i don't know) because i may want to live in cleveland this summer.

but can the state of ohio revoke my state of new york liscense? do the charges come back to me in this state, or am i out of their jurisdiction? i really don't know.

AND your NY jokes don't apply to me-- not everyone in NY lives in NYC. try to remember that sometime! here in upstate, we give the bird about as often as you do!

You Are Guilty

aprilmay13135 said:
not everyone in NY lives in NYC.
True, but they don't count. We prefer to think of you as "Northern Alabamians".
aprilmay13135 said:
I meant, are there any reasons why i should do anything about this ticket?
Only if you care about your credit or ever intend on setting foot in Ohio again. Oh wait.
aprilmay13135 said:
but can the state of ohio revoke my state of new york liscense?
No, Ohio cannot. In fact, even NY can't revoke your liscense, it's yours to keep forever (although they may eventually take action against your license).

Out of curiosity, why do you think you don't have to pay this ticket?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why do these people come to Ohio?
YOU HAVE TO PAY THE TICKET!
You got a ticket, you gotta pay it. if you don't pay it there are problems associated with it. Your credit can be dinged, career goals can be dinged. Schooling can be affected. Your license can be affected.
Stay out of my state if you don't want to deal with the consequences of your actions. Is that too much to ask???:mad:

Vent over. I feel better now. :D

ecmst12

Even if you can't have your car towed/booted or your license suspended in NY for not paying (which I'm not saying is the case, I don't know), Ohio can still report it to the credit bureaus. I have parking tickets from years ago in Delaware that I recently found on my credit report and am now trying to pay off.

aprilmay13135

Oh boy!

It's not an acto of arrogance on my part-- i really, truly, just don't know. For example, i'm a student at a university, and if i get a parking ticket at another university, i do not pay it. it is a joke.

i'm sorry i don't go out of state much, i'm not well traveled (mostly because i'm not very old or rich), and i didn't know if out of state parking tickets worked the same way they do for different schools and universities. i was only visiting ohio for 2 days, i did not get a chance to familiarize myself with different signs, and apparently i parked in front of a bus stop or a "cab stop."

i don't even know what a "cab stop" is, and i saw no bus stop where i parked... is it really fair to give a parking ticket to someone who's been in the city for 6 hours?

i understand your vent. i am contesting the ticket, mostly because i can't afford a $50 parking ticket, and i just don't know how things (parking laws) work. they're not common sense. this is why i'm posting here-- if i knew how the law worked between states, i wouldn't be posting.

i thought it was "free advice forums" not "judgement and criticism when you're seeking free advice forums"

thanks for those that gave helpful advice.

S

shell007

aprilmay13135 said:
It's not an acto of arrogance on my part-- i really, truly, just don't know. For example, i'm a student at a university, and if i get a parking ticket at another university, i do not pay it. it is a joke.

i'm sorry i don't go out of state much, i'm not well traveled (mostly because i'm not very old or rich), and i didn't know if out of state parking tickets worked the same way they do for different schools and universities. i was only visiting ohio for 2 days, i did not get a chance to familiarize myself with different signs, and apparently i parked in front of a bus stop or a "cab stop."

i don't even know what a "cab stop" is, and i saw no bus stop where i parked... is it really fair to give a parking ticket to someone who's been in the city for 6 hours?

i understand your vent. i am contesting the ticket, mostly because i can't afford a $50 parking ticket, and i just don't know how things (parking laws) work. they're not common sense. this is why i'm posting here-- if i knew how the law worked between states, i wouldn't be posting.

i thought it was "free advice forums" not "judgement and criticism when you're seeking free advice forums"

If you can't afford a $50.00 ticket....YOU (as a college student) should NOT be taking weekend getaway's. You can afford the GAS to get from NY to OHIO, BUT NOT a $50.00 ticket? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for the sign that said "cab stop" vs. "bus stop"...don't you have to know who to read BEFORE entering college?

Here is some more "helpful advice": PAY THE TICKET and forget about it!!

Neal1421

aprilmay13135 said:

i'm sorry i don't go out of state much, i'm not well traveled (mostly because i'm not very old or richor very bright), and i didn't know if out of state parking tickets worked the same way they do for different schools and universities. i was only visiting ohio for 2 days, i did not get a chance to familiarize myself with different signs, and apparently i parked in front of a bus stop or a "cab stop."

i understand your vent. i am contesting the ticket, mostly because i can't afford a $50 parking ticket, and i just don't know how things (parking laws) work. they're not common sense. Yes, they are. You get a ticket, you pay for it.this is why i'm posting here-- if i knew how the law worked between states, i wouldn't be posting.

The advice is free. The judgment, criticism, and sarcasm cost extra. Pay up.

aprilmay13135

if you read earlier you'd see i was visiting a graduate school, i wouldn't exactly call it a week-end get-away. next time you decide to move anywhere, why don't you go ahead and do that without ever even visiting that state. sounds like a good idea to me.

and just because i can read the word "cab" and the word "stand" doesn't mean they make any sense together. being in a city is like being in a foreign land to me. if you were on a ship would you know what "go about" means? it's besides the point, i never even saw a sign. i don't know what they look like in cleveland, but they sure don't look the way i'm used to.

with my luck so far, i'm sure you're all sailors, and my analogy will be totally lost. in that case forget, you all know everything, you're right i'm a COMPLETE moron, i shouldn't even be using the internet. intead i should go evaluate my worth as a human being, and eventually conclude i'm worthless, and go kill myself.

and even then, i'm sure you'll insist that my next of kin pay my parking ticket.

i think i'm through with this site. you people are really unthinking, judgemental, and ridiculous. i'm not complaining immensly about the ticket. i merely wanted simple information about state jurisdictions that i couldn't find searching on my own. thanks to those couple who gave that to me

S

shell007

aprilmay13135 said:
if you read earlier you'd see i was visiting a graduate school, i wouldn't exactly call it a week-end get-away. next time you decide to move anywhere, why don't you go ahead and do that without ever even visiting that state. sounds like a good idea to me.

and just because i can read the word "cab" and the word "stand" doesn't mean they make any sense together. being in a city is like being in a foreign land to me. if you were on a ship would you know what "go about" means? it's besides the point, i never even saw a sign. i don't know what they look like in cleveland, but they sure don't look the way i'm used to.

with my luck so far, i'm sure you're all sailors, and my analogy will be totally lost. in that case forget, you all know everything, you're right i'm a COMPLETE moron, i shouldn't even be using the internet. intead i should go evaluate my worth as a human being, and eventually conclude i'm worthless, and go kill myself.

and even then, i'm sure you'll insist that my next of kin pay my parking ticket.

i think i'm through with this site. you people are really unthinking, judgemental, and ridiculous. i'm not complaining immensly about the ticket. i merely wanted simple information about state jurisdictions that i couldn't find searching on my own. thanks to those couple who gave that to me
Ohhh Brother!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Close the thread then!

aprilmay13135

When you get a parking ticket from another university, it's because you don't know the rules of that university (they're not usually explicit), or because you're not registered with that university.

so you're telling me that, if you were visiting my school, and you got a parking ticket (which you would by virtue of being an unregistered vehicle, unless of course you paid the university $200 to register your vehicle) you would pay it EVENTHOUGH there are no consequences for you if you do not. Not to mention, giving out parking tickets is pretty much the only responsibility of a universities "public safety" offices.

Often, universities even tell visitors that these tickets are of no consequences to them, and to ignore them.

If you're middle aged, you'll see what i'm talking about when you start bringing your children to visit colleges. i challenge you to pay all the parking tickets you'll get. i hope your mean spirited comments will stay in your conscience.

if you're older, you'll see what i'm talking about when you return to your university for alumni events.

if you've never been to a college, you shouldn't even be commenting on this.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
aprilmay13135 said:
When you get a parking ticket from another university, it's because you don't know the rules of that university (they're not usually explicit), or because you're not registered with that university.

so you're telling me that, if you were visiting my school, and you got a parking ticket (which you would by virtue of being an unregistered vehicle, unless of course you paid the university $200 to register your vehicle) you would pay it EVENTHOUGH there are no consequences for you if you do not. Not to mention, giving out parking tickets is pretty much the only responsibility of a universities "public safety" offices.

Often, universities even tell visitors that these tickets are of no consequences to them, and to ignore them.

If you're middle aged, you'll see what i'm talking about when you start bringing your children to visit colleges. i challenge you to pay all the parking tickets you'll get. i hope your mean spirited comments will stay in your conscience.

if you're older, you'll see what i'm talking about when you return to your university for alumni events.

if you've never been to a college, you shouldn't even be commenting on this.
One of these days you are going to wake up and realize that parking tickets can have a great impact. All those from other universities that you didn't pay -- hey they can show up on your credit report. And if you are going after certain types of jobs they can show up on your background check. And I am older and have gone back to school for alumni events. The parking is posted for permits or non permits or visitors. Being lazy is not an excuse. Being stupid is not an excuse. You are irresponsible and if your graduate school finds out about it you could actually be dinged. In Ohio people have been unable to sit for the bar because of attitudes like yours. Grow up. Get responsible and pay the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">