• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state registration and fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

areynolds

What is the name of your state? PA but I recently just moved from California.

I just moved back to PA from CA. I need to get PA registration, insurance, and plates for my vehicle which is currently registered in Ca. I already got my PA drivers licsense and I went to get my PA auto insurance and realized when I drove to PA I threw my new registration card out and instead of the expired registration. The insurance company said we wouldn't worry about it because that same day I was going to get my new plates and registration. When I tried to get my plates and registration they said they needed a copy of my title and that they would have to request the original from the lien holder that is in California. They faxed the request and the title should be in 13-15 days from now(that's if they release it because i owe parking tickets). Problem is the insurance company called me back and said that the underwritter caught the fact that the registration was expired and are giving me until Sept. 12th to provide current registration (also my old insurance expires tomorrow 08/31/06). I owe parking fines (which is a whole other story) in CA and I don't know if I should request a duplicate copy of my registration or not? I don't know if they will give me a copy because I owe tickets and I no longer live in CA even if I do order it it won't get here in time What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">