• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Motor Vehicle Code Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RLO

Pennsylvania

I am a University professor and am required to place a campus parking sticker above my state inspection sticker on the front windshield. However, the PA state motor vehicle code prohibits the placement of stickers as follows: (B) A sign, poster or other material whose design prevents a driver from seeing through the material, obstructs, obscures or impairs the driver’s clear view of the highway or an intersecting highway.
(2) The following stickers are authorized to be affixed to windshield or windows, as indicated:
(i) Out-of-State inspection stickers, tax stamps, road use permits or other government-related permits—municipalities and states—may be placed at the lower left or right-hand corner of the windshield.
(1) With the exception of materials in paragraph (i), signs, posters or other materials whose design prevents a driver from seeing through the material may not be placed on the windshield, a side wing, a side window or rear window so as to obstruct, obscure or impair the driver’s clear view of the highway or an intersecting highway.

If I do not comply with the campus parking regulations I will loose all parking rights and will not be able continue working.

Should I ignore PA code or fight the University rules?

SPR

Having a sticker is pretty common. I too am from Pa and for my last job and my wife's current job, we simply put the sticker in our dash instead and it was acceptable. Have you asked about being able to place it there instead?

If not, then I do not know how to answer your question. I am curious to see the answers though, because ALOT of places require stickers to be placed on the front widnshields.

Just to add, my understanding of the "Field of view" is the entire area your wipers cover.

racer72

When you notified the university officials that their parking sticker rules were in violation of state law, what were you told?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">