• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked in a handicapped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buknasty

I'm in Illinois and I just got a ticket for parking in a handicapped. My first question is i was parked in the yellow lines not the actually spot I assume that is still illegal? And Second Is the officer has put the time wrong on the ticket instead of 8:17am to 9:17am can the ticket be nullified for a simple mistake like that

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm in Illinois and I just got a ticket for parking in a handicapped. My first question is i was parked in the yellow lines not the actually spot I assume that is still illegal? And Second Is the officer has put the time wrong on the ticket instead of 8:17am to 9:17am can the ticket be nullified for a simple mistake like that
It is still illegal. And, do you honestly plan to go in and say "I was parked there at 8:17, not 9:17"?

Pay your ticket and move on.

Antigone*

Simple mistakes like the time don't negate the fact that you parked illegally. You've been watching too much Law and Order.:rolleyes:

Buknasty

Yeah that's what I was thinking it was still worth asking and the other thing is do you guys think that the 250$ be reduced if I show up to court and come up with a sappy life story. I know it depends on the judge but I actually seen it happen to more than a couple people when I was in court for some tickets couple years ago.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yeah that's what I was thinking it was still worth asking and the other thing is do you guys think that the 250$ be reduced if I show up to court and come up with a sappy life story. I know it depends on the judge but I actually seen it happen to more than a couple people when I was in court for some tickets couple years ago.
Is your sappy life story more moving than that of the quadriplegic veteran who needed the spot for egress from his specially equipped van?

Antigone*

Is your sappy life story more moving than that of the quadriplegic veteran who needed the spot for egress from his specially equipped van?
This happened to me with lil Tigi. It is a real pain to have to move the van, block traffic to get her in just because some idiot decided they didn't want to walk a few extra feet.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
So you're going to lie to a judge? :cool:

ecmst12

Now if OP were to ADMIT his mistake in court and show that he knows he screwed up and is sorry and will never do it again, they *might* cut him a break...

But probably not. Just pay the ticket and learn your lesson.

sandyclaus

Generally speaking, I consider OP to be someone who hasn't learned their lesson. They aren't saying they made a mistake, and they aren't sorry for what they did. They are just someone making excuses and trying to figure out some way to get out of paying the ticket they've earned.

Hopefully, the judge they end up seeing is the kind of person who sees through it all.

Dillon

This happened to me with lil Tigi. It is a real pain to have to move the van, block traffic to get her in just because some idiot decided they didn't want to walk a few extra feet.

What is an IDIOT?

A person who has been without understanding from his nativity, and whom the law, therefore, presumes never likely to attain any understanding. (Black's Law Dictionary)

Sounds like a handicap ? Therefore in your situation parked in the correct location !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">