• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking on a corner 285$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrjayce

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Cop wrote - Parking on corner blocking access to ramp $285
C.V.C. 22507.8 (A) (B) (C)
Spaces for the disabled

C.V.C. 5204
Improper Tabs $100
I think I can show insurance to fix this one.

The story is that my sister graduated last thursday and I parked across the street of the school on a corner (corner has a ramp/ditch). That was the ONLY spot left and I guess I figured it was just a few hrs. My grandfather has Alzheimers and has a hard time walking far distances so I parked as close as possible. I don't know if he has a disabled parking pass thing. I find this fine WAY TOO EXPENSIVE since I can speed 20 miles over the speed limit or run a red light (both put lives in danger) for less money. I just want to get the fine down to 100 bucks or so. Any help with talking to the judge. I will be a college graduate by the time I go to court. Any help is much appreciated.

The second fine should be reversible. I had a tag on the front but not on the back plate.

side note. The car is from WY while the violation occured in Bakersfield, CA.

Thanks alot
Jayce

CdwJava

There is not much you can about blocking the ramp on the corner ... even a handicapped placard would not permit parking there.

And if the vehicle is registered in CA the registration tabs are required on the REAR plate, not the front. If the vehicle is NOT from CA you should be able to prevail.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">