• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking on Crosswalk in Calif., residential area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

genie2196uk

I am very cynical concerning certain areas of the law.
I received a citation for CVC 22500(B); Code 16 Crosswalk. The ticket is timed at 0742 AM.
I parked, overnight, in front of my house, in a street with no designated parking or parking permit system.
The remarks section piqued my cynicism. It reads: "Space not designated parking", and "unoccupied".
Do the remarks imply that there are exceptions or valid extenuating circumstances? Why add remarks, if the violation is clear (in this case, parking on a crosswalk)?

Thanks

David

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I received a citation for CVC 22500(B); Code 16 Crosswalk. The ticket is timed at 0742 AM.
I parked, overnight, in front of my house, in a street with no designated parking or parking permit system.
The remarks section piqued my cynicism. It reads: "Space not designated parking", and "unoccupied".
Do the remarks imply that there are exceptions or valid extenuating circumstances? Why add remarks, if the violation is clear (in this case, parking on a crosswalk)?

Thanks

David
It's not allowed:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22500.htm

Silverplum

Really?

genie2196uk said:
Thanks
David
The potential for remarks is a cause for cynicism?

sandyclaus

Thanks

David
Considering that the officer was citing you for parking in a crosswalk, those "cynical" remarks probably indicated that it WASN'T a space designated for parking (which it wasn't), and that no one was using the crosswalk (it was unoccupied). Neither of these "remarks" have anything to do with the fact that you violated the law by parking in the crosswalks.

You ask, "Why add remarks?"

We reply, "Why ask why?"

Pay your ticket and be done with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">