• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking in Front of My Driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jho

What is the name of your state? Maryland
County: Anne Arundel
City: Laurel
Community: Russett

I am trying to figure out if I can park in front of my own driveway legally. I live in an association and I can't find any specific rules that regulate. I am wondering what the law is for Maryland and Anne Arundel County. I have found a few Maryland sites that state you can with owner consent - I am the owner so I am definitely consenting.

A neighbor (I am not sure who) called and complained that they couldn't get out of their driveway. No one has talked to me, but I assume it is one of my neighbors across the street. Many people around my community park in front of their driveways. I received a "warning" from the association's rent a cops. He couldn't tell me whether I could park there or not only that he had a complaint and was asked to leave the warning.

Can someone help me understand the state and county law for the area? I am contacting the association to find out their story.

Thanks,
J

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Based on my brief googling, it appears that it may, in fact, be legal for you to park there...

http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/web_statutes.exe?gtr&21-1003

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">