• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking in front of my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah0000

What is the name of your state? WY

I live near a school and teachers always park in front of my house on weekdays. The problem is that there is never parking near my house during the school year. I live on a public street. Is there any way I could get a reserved spot in front of my house, or is parking on a public street always open to the public?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? WY

I live near a school and teachers always park in front of my house on weekdays. The problem is that there is never parking near my house during the school year. I live on a public street. Is there any way I could get a reserved spot in front of my house, or is parking on a public street always open to the public?
Nope. It is a public street. You could, potentially, park your vehicle there overnight, I suppose, if there are no laws against that, and then the space will be occupied when the teachers come by.

BoredAtty

I'm all too familiar with that headache. I used to live in downtown Wash. DC, where parking is scarce. Even with laws that allowed non-residents to park for only 2 hours at a time, finding a spot was impossible. I guess with the high price parking lots charged, the $30 parking ticket wasn't much of a deterrent for a non-resident (and unfortunately, as far as the city was concerned, that was probably the plan - charge just enough to keep violators coming in order to maintain a steady stream of income).

Anyway, it's an annoying problem that you can't do much about unless you get the city to change the law.

Ozark_Sophist

Depends on your community. You could petition for a two hour parking time limit during working hours, etc. Plus, you can communicate your concerns with the school. A professor friend of mine has had continuing concerns similar to yours about an elementary school and has managed to make positive changes by attending school board meetings.

moburkes

Why would you need a processed check as proof of registration when the registration is proof of registration?:confused:

xylene

I want to be neighborly, but it's pretty irritating that cars park directly across from my driveway.

Loads of useful advice.. :D:D:D:rolleyes:

This is Wyoming we are talking about here... I mean there are fewer people in the entire state than in the county I reside in.

Perhaps if the poster is handicapped and has no other parking space they can petition for a handicapped spot.

Municipalities are not going to address your lack of close parking spaces with an individual solution.

moburkes

You still don't get a receipt of some sort, or a registration of some sort when you register your vehicle?:confused:

platinum90

Loads of useful advice.. :D:D:D:rolleyes:

This is Wyoming we are talking about here... I mean there are fewer people in the entire state than in the county I reside in.

Perhaps if the poster is handicapped and has no other parking space they can petition for a handicapped spot.

Municipalities are not going to address your lack of close parking spaces with an individual solution.
WY, oops :) Obviously, not as densely populated as my digusting New Jersey. Sorry.

Ozark_Sophist

The professor I referenced early sought and received an individual solution (limited parking time and teachers park elsewhere).
The neighbor down the street an another municipality from my parents sought and received an individual solution (no parking in front of her house all together).

platinum90

I believe there's something in the Terms of Service regarding thread hijacking. If there isn't, there should be. At minimum, it's considered extremely rude.

How would you like it if someone took over your thread about registration to complain about a speeding ticket he got?

thanks for the heads up, I'll see if I could move my replies over to my thread where it will be easier for readers to follow the events.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">