• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking in guest parking...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allanak

I live in California and was parked in guest parking at a friend's apartment building. I stayed the night and the next morning I found a large orange sticker placed on my driver side window that said I was illegally parked and my car will be towed. What right do they have to vandalize my vehicle? My stance on this is if they want to cite me or tow me, fine, call the city. But no, the was the management of the apartment building did this. I called them and spoke to somebody who said they can do what they want because it's their property. Do I have any legal right to take them to small claims court to detail my car, etc?

CalifAtty-19

allanak said:
I live in California and was parked in guest parking at a friend's apartment building. I stayed the night and the next morning I found a large orange sticker placed on my driver side window that said I was illegally parked and my car will be towed. What right do they have to vandalize my vehicle? My stance on this is if they want to cite me or tow me, fine, call the city. But no, the was the management of the apartment building did this. I called them and spoke to somebody who said they can do what they want because it's their property. Do I have any legal right to take them to small claims court to detail my car, etc?

My response:

You have got to be joking. The answer is, you have no claim. All they did was place a sticker on your window. Peel it off, and don't park there. Deminimus non curat lex.

IAAL

HappyHusband

CalifAtty-19 said:
Deminimus non curat lex.
Burn!

That happened to me once, I was renting a room in a condo for about two weeks, management knew about it and everything, and I was being nice and parking in the visitor's parking every night and some maintenance guy stuck one of those big adhesive no parking stickers on my truck's window, (just a small corner was peeled though), and I took it off and kept it and it took forever to get that small amount of super sticky adhesive off the window and I continued to park there for the remainder of my stay, and then when my visit had ended I took the sticker and peeled off the rest of the backing and I stuck the whole sticker on the management's front office door!

justalayman

You Are Guilty said:
Yeah, that too. Nice catch. Now help me get this damn sticker off.
Used to work at a factory. If the guards wanted to be real jerks, they would remove the entire backing and place the sticker on the driver's side of the windshield. Try getting it off and driving home. Doesn't work so well, or so I'm told.

Goo gone or goo begone or something like that. Removes just about any sticky stuff.

CdwJava

You Are Guilty said:
Yeah, that too. Nice catch. Now help me get this damn sticker off.
Vinegar works on hard waterstains ... I have some window cleaner here that works on gummy stuff.

Ah, heck! Just break it and call the insurance company!

- Carl

ENASNI

hEY

I was wearing black and pink sneakers today and and older lady looked at me and gave me the bird.. I want to press charges.

I know I am hijacking, but this is more impotant. Carl... you will understand, I was holding a Mocha, I was so surprised I trripped and spilled on my Levis! They were really cool Jeans. I think I got the Placard number of her handicap licence as she got into her cadillac and can make a bundle.

How do I proceed? :confused: :) :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">