• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking multiple commercial vehicles on a residential street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1person

What is the name of your state? Washington.

There is a company located a block away from where I live. This company has a parking lot. However, each day I find their trucks parked all along our street, which means less parking for the people that live on the street. Right now, I can see at least seven of their trucks from my window. Is there any law prohibiting them from doing this? I just wanted to know if what they were doing was wrong or not before I called them about it. Thanks.

seniorjudge

Q: Is there any law prohibiting them from doing this?

A: I don't know of any law prohibiting folks from parking on a public street.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you talked to anybody at the city? There MAY be some local ordinance related to your situation. However, it's more likely that there is none.

OP85063

They may not be any law about parking commercial vehicle on public streets. I do however believe that most states do not allowed to park commercial vehicle after 9PM on public streets unless they are making a delivery.

You should do what Zigner said check with the city.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">