• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking near fire Hydrant in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chedlin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My office is very short on parking and many people have chosen to park in the street. I can view the fire hydrant from my office and have been trying to help my coworkers avoid tickets when I observe them parked in front of it.

The law says rather directly that you can't park within 15 feet of the fire hydrant. The hydrant is set back 13 feet from the edge of the asphalt. If I want to determine 15 feet do I go directly to the hydrant or to a point on the asphalt closet to the hydrant? Blocking off 30 feet of street parking seems to be the spirit of the law, but I would hate to tell someone they should move if they are further than 15' from the hydrant and in no danger of getting a ticket.

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">