• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking on opposite side of street of stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephen51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey I received a ticket for parking within 50 feet of a stop sign although I was Parked on the opposite side of the street facing in the oposite direction of the stop sign,which was the correct direction 30 to 40 40 feet from the corner. Is this legal? Very confused. i se this all the time everywhere.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

In NJ, its 50' .. but I think its not a radius but a linear distance parallel to the street where the stop sign is.
I suspect the same. Most similar statutes are written to simply keep cars from being parked too close to the intersection, regardless of what side of the street they are on. I was hoping to review the specific statute as they often are written so as to describe just such an intent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">