• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking sign/parking meter with conflicting information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asimina1

What is the name of your state? Atlanta, GA 30303

Dear Free Advice Forums,

I am writing to inquire whether it is acceptable that a parking meter which allows only 30 minutes to be purchased a t time be stationed below a parking sign allowing parking over 30 minutes between the hours of 6PM and 8AM. My husband and I received a ticket last night due to a parking meter/parking sign with conflicting information on Peachtree Center Ave. We fed the meter an extra dollar before we realized it would give us no more time- there was notification on the meter it would only allow 30 minutes at a time, but it was very small and obscured by the construction of the meter. In any case, can I request that the sign or meter be changed so as not to conflict with one another? Thank you for your information, it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

asimina1

Last edited:

seniorjudge

In any case, can I request that the sign or meter be changed so as not to conflict with one another

Yes, and while you are at it, delete this post with all your personal info in it. Not smart....

Happy Trails

asimina1 said:
What is the name of your state? Atlanta, GA 30303

Dear Free Advice Forums,

I am writing to inquire whether it is acceptable that a parking meter which allows only 30 minutes to be purchased a t time be stationed below a parking sign allowing parking over 30 minutes between the hours of 6PM and 8AM. My husband and I received a ticket last night due to a parking meter/parking sign with conflicting information on Peachtree Center Ave. We fed the meter an extra dollar before we realized it would give us no more time- there was notification on the meter it would only allow 30 minutes at a time, but it was very small and obscured by the construction of the meter. In any case, can I request that the sign or meter be changed so as not to conflict with one another? Thank you for your information, it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
You can request it. However, they may not do anything about it.

Personally, I don't see a conflict. The sign is stating when parking is allowed, while the parking meters are renting you the space for a certain amount of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">