• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking signage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kungfu71186

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Are there are requirements for proper signage when parking?

I got a parking ticket and I really did not know i could not park there, also the signs are very small and you can barely see them at night. I had to pull up to the sign just to see what it said when leaving (this was only after i was looking for the sign because of the ticket).

Is it even possible to win a case based on the fact that the signs were hardly visible?

Should i even take this to court or just pay? It is $85 which is crazy if you ask me.

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Are there are requirements for proper signage when parking?

I got a parking ticket and I really did not know i could not park there, also the signs are very small and you can barely see them at night. I had to pull up to the sign just to see what it said when leaving (this was only after i was looking for the sign because of the ticket).

Is it even possible to win a case based on the fact that the signs were hardly visible?

Should i even take this to court or just pay? It is $85 which is crazy if you ask me.

Thanks!
The sign was perfectly visible...when you bothered to look.

kungfu71186

The sign was perfectly visible...when you bothered to look.
I said i drove up to it and this was after trying to find it. I was 10 feet away when i could even read it. I was parked 60 feet away from the sign and i didn't even walk that way.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I said i drove up to it and this was after trying to find it. I was 10 feet away when i could even read it. I was parked 60 feet away from the sign and i didn't even walk that way.
Yes, thank you for confirming my prior response.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Signs cannot be posted every 10 feet for a driver's convenience. That's not exactly practical.

When you park it's up to you to actively look for signs. Yes, even if you have to walk the other way. Surely the physical sign itself is easy enough to see even if you cannot actually read it.

In many municipalities all that is required is ONE sign on the block. I doubt that you have much chance of winning on this one, unless there is some defect on the ticket itself.

kungfu71186

Signs cannot be posted every 10 feet for a driver's convenience. That's not exactly practical.

When you park it's up to you to actively look for signs. Yes, even if you have to walk the other way. Surely the physical sign itself is easy enough to see even if you cannot actually read it.

In many municipalities all that is required is ONE sign on the block. I doubt that you have much chance of winning on this one, unless there is some defect on the ticket itself.
Yea makes sense. Just seems like it would need to be bigger so you can actually see it on that block. But thats all i was looking for. Seems like it's double taxation though. meh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">