• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Stickers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vinogradov8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have lived in my apartment for around 2 months. Throughout my 2 months there has been somebody (usually different people each time) parking in my marked spot. I tried contacting management, they replied the first time with:

Hi Vitaliy- I apologize that you were inconvenienced, please let me know if the situation re-occurs.
Thank you
When it occurred again with a different car, I never got a response. This kept occurring and messing with my wife's short gap between jobs making her late while trying to find a spot at her own residence so this past occurrence I decided to take a different approach. Instead of just leaving a note, I made sure to tape it down with clear tape (safe but annoying) on their windshield. Twenty minutes later I get a pissed off manager (same one from the quote above) telling me I taped this to another managers car. She said she is new and didn't know what the numbers on a parking lot meant.... right... that's a terrible hire IMO. She said you could be held responsible for any damages if this happens in the future (what damage?).

Now, what I want to get is parking stickers, made for parking violations. My wife can't afford to be fired if she keeps searching for a parking spot that is taken, and it is against the law to tow a vehicle if I don't own the property. Are parking stickers legal in my case? What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Any advice would be very helpful.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have lived in my apartment for around 2 months. Throughout my 2 months there has been somebody (usually different people each time) parking in my marked spot. I tried contacting management, they replied the first time with:

When it occurred again with a different car, I never got a response. This kept occurring and messing with my wife's short gap between jobs making her late while trying to find a spot at her own residence so this past occurrence I decided to take a different approach. Instead of just leaving a note, I made sure to tape it down with clear tape (safe but annoying) on their windshield. Twenty minutes later I get a pissed off manager (same one from the quote above) telling me I taped this to another managers car. She said she is new and didn't know what the numbers on a parking lot meant.... right... that's a terrible hire IMO. She said you could be held responsible for any damages if this happens in the future (what damage?).

Now, what I want to get is parking stickers, made for parking violations. My wife can't afford to be fired if she keeps searching for a parking spot that is taken, and it is against the law to tow a vehicle if I don't own the property. Are parking stickers legal in my case? What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Any advice would be very helpful.
I don't get how The Wife would be made late by finding parking for when she is arriving home. That makes no sense.

I very strongly caution you against creating yourself The Parking Police, with stickers and tickets and all. You deal with the management and the terms of your lease, period. You don't mess around with the other cars and other drivers.

vinogradov8

Wife stops at home between jobs for a short time.
Yup to change into her Sephora uniform and get a quick snack.

All I want is a place to park, I want to resolve this peacefully but the manager had no right to be aggressive towards me when they were not following the rules they made.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">