• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket on 2 way street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wzawisa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I got a parking ticket for parking over 2 hours on the side of the street in Philadelphia. The street is a 2 way street and you can only park on one side because it is such a small street. But the parking signs on the side you can park on only face one way so you can only see them if you are coming from the opposite direction that I was coming from. So, I came down the street, didn't see the signs and got a ticket. I have no problem paying it but I was just curious if I would have a substantial reason to fight it based on the fact that the parking signs don't face both directions?

shartina

Not OP but I got this -- you got signs on one side of the street that say "NO PARKING ANYTIME" but the other side doesn't. If you want to check out an example, look up Willow Street between central and Lincoln in Alameda, California.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I got a parking ticket for parking over 2 hours on the side of the street in Philadelphia. The street is a 2 way street and you can only park on one side because it is such a small street. But the parking signs on the side you can park on only face one way so you can only see them if you are coming from the opposite direction that I was coming from. So, I came down the street, didn't see the signs and got a ticket. I have no problem paying it but I was just curious if I would have a substantial reason to fight it based on the fact that the parking signs don't face both directions?
You can always fight a parking ticket that you feel is unfair - but streets do not have to have signs that say "no parking." In fact, on some of the narrow residential side streets in downtown Philly, it should be apparent to the average driver that parking can only be on one side of the street for there to be any street left to drive on. ;)

Because of mass transit in Philadelphia, any car that is blocking a mass transit route (or blocking any traffic, for that matter) can be ticketed (and that includes cars parked in such a way that they jut out of legitimate parking spaces into the street).

Here is a link to Philadelphia's Parking Authority, which tells you how to fight a ticket (scroll down to "What if I don't agree ..." and "What rights do I have ..."): http://www.philapark.org/violations/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">