• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket from 2000 NY/NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GailNJ

What is the name of your state? I live in NJ the ticket was in NY/Manhattan

I got a parking ticket in 3/15/00 in Manhattan.

The car was registered in CT at the time, and now the car no longer exists (as well as the plates), and now l live in NJ.

They have not come after me for it, but I can look it up online and see the ticket is in judgement for $181.00.

Basically, is there a statute of limitations on Parking Tickets in Manhattan? After 7 years cant I tell them to bugger off?

Thanks!

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? I live in NJ the ticket was in NY/Manhattan

I got a parking ticket in 3/15/00 in Manhattan.

The car was registered in CT at the time, and now the car no longer exists (as well as the plates), and now l live in NJ.

They have not come after me for it, but I can look it up online and see the ticket is in judgement for $181.00.

Basically, is there a statute of limitations on Parking Tickets in Manhattan? After 7 years cant I tell them to bugger off?

Thanks!
There certainly is - it pertains to the time between you parking illegally, and the time you were given the ticket. Since you appear to have received the ticket already, you may want to start exploring other potential defenses.

GailNJ

Maybe I wasnt clear...

I am guilty. The ticket was given in 2000. Te state of NY has NOT come after me for the money.

So what Im saying is if I wait, is there a statute of limitations for them coming after me, like 7 years?

So if they dont come by May 2007, they cant get their money from me? (or whatever the statute of limitations is?

Thanks.

seniorjudge

I am guilty. The ticket was given in 2000. Te state of NY has NOT come after me for the money.

So what Im saying is if I wait, is there a statute of limitations for them coming after me, like 7 years?

So if they dont come by May 2007, they cant get their money from me? (or whatever the statute of limitations is?

Thanks.
The statute of limitations stopped the moment you got the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">