• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duke the muke

What is the name of your state? NY

I am a teacher who had to attend a conference in NYC. I went to take the bus and parked in the bus stations parling lot. When I returned that afternoon, I had a ticket for not having a parking permit. I was unaware of any parking restrictions in this lot. There was a sign post with several signs on it as you turned into the bus station that had several signs explaining the parking rules. (for instance the different color coding for the different bus companies etc) The signs are right in the access way to the parking lot and with so many signs on one post, there is no way unless you stop the vehicle that you can read these. (In the morning there were cars going in and out, but when I returned I drove back around and inspected the signs that desigante the lot as a commuter lot and the rules for the different parking rules) I had parked here several years prior when I went to a conference before and it was okay to park there then (at least that's what i was told at the time) Do I have a case for trying to argue this ticket? It appears that i did illegally park, but it was not intentional. If I had to pay for parking in the lot, I would have as the school would reimburse me, but I don't believe I will be reimbursed for the parking fine. Any ideas??

patstew

There was a sign post with several signs on it as you turned into the bus station that had several signs explaining the parking rules. (for instance the different color coding for the different bus companies etc) The signs are right in the access way to the parking lot and with so many signs on one post, there is no way unless you stop the vehicle that you can read these.
Of course there is. You could have parked the car out of the traffic lane then walked back and looked at the signs.

(In the morning there were cars going in and out, but when I returned I drove back around and inspected the signs that desigante the lot as a commuter lot and the rules for the different parking rules) I had parked here several years prior when I went to a conference before and it was okay to park there then (at least that's what i was told at the time) Do I have a case for trying to argue this ticket?
Not sure what you think your argument would be -- not seeing the signs? Clearly you did, you just chose not to read them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">