• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsltrucking1

TX. My co-driver parked in no parking zone at a full truck stop, to rest. I exited coffee shop and noticed an officer giving a ticket to someone also parked in lot. I got in truck and drove away as so my co-driver or Co. would not get a parking ticket.
Getting onto the freeway onramp, I noticed the officers vehickle approaching, once on freeway i was red lighted and wrote up for a parking ticket

What is the law on this and what can i do?
Thank You
D. Scott Rouly

The Occultist

What do you mean by "what is the law on this?" You broke the law, and got a ticket; what is so hard to understand about that?

Unless your real question is, "Since I drove out of there before the officer could catch up with me, shouldn't that mean I got out of the ticket?" Well, no, that's not what that means. The officer didn't even have to pull you over; he could have run your plates and mailed the parking citation.

Now, the good news here is that you are not legally responsible for the ticket and parking cites are issued to the registered owner of the vehicle. However, you may face issues with your boss when you present the ticket to him, and it may be possible for your boss to demand the money from you. Or you can volunteer to pay. But that's not really legal advice anyways, now is it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">