• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket for blocked driveway.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tatmann

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I received a parking ticket for blocking a driveway. It was a resident complaint. The ticket was not issued until I had already been parked for 6.5 hours and I do not believe I was blocking the driveway, at all. I was close, but clearly behind the seem between the curb and the residents approach to their driveway. I took photo's and the seem is visible. I took the shots dead on without a favorable angle. How much discretion is involved on behalf of the judge? How much of this is simply the officer appeasing the resident? Am I going to be able to get this dismissed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I received a parking ticket for blocking a driveway. It was a resident complaint. The ticket was not issued until I had already been parked for 6.5 hours and I do not believe I was blocking the driveway, at all. I was close, but clearly behind the seem between the curb and the residents approach to their driveway. I took photo's and the seem is visible. I took the shots dead on without a favorable angle. How much discretion is involved on behalf of the judge? How much of this is simply the officer appeasing the resident? Am I going to be able to get this dismissed?
Your pictures prove only that your car wasn't blocking the driveway at the time you took the pictures. The judge has tons of discretion. There is no way we can predict the outcome.

You Are Guilty

What? I really like trucks.

(+1 FA points to anyone who can ID what car that actually is - apparently not a Wrangler as I had suspected).

You Are Guilty

Mentioned I thought it was a Wrangler to a coworker who took one look and said there was no way, and pulled up a google image of (probably a wrong year) Wrangler as proof.

Curses google, foiled again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">