+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CSO286

Thread: Parking ticket for blocked driveway.

  1. #1
    tatmann is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Parking ticket for blocked driveway.

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

    I received a parking ticket for blocking a driveway. It was a resident complaint. The ticket was not issued until I had already been parked for 6.5 hours and I do not believe I was blocking the driveway, at all. I was close, but clearly behind the seem between the curb and the residents approach to their driveway. I took photo's and the seem is visible. I took the shots dead on without a favorable angle. How much discretion is involved on behalf of the judge? How much of this is simply the officer appeasing the resident? Am I going to be able to get this dismissed?
  2. #2
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    51,501
    Quote Originally Posted by tatmann View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

    I received a parking ticket for blocking a driveway. It was a resident complaint. The ticket was not issued until I had already been parked for 6.5 hours and I do not believe I was blocking the driveway, at all. I was close, but clearly behind the seem between the curb and the residents approach to their driveway. I took photo's and the seem is visible. I took the shots dead on without a favorable angle. How much discretion is involved on behalf of the judge? How much of this is simply the officer appeasing the resident? Am I going to be able to get this dismissed?
    Your pictures prove only that your car wasn't blocking the driveway at the time you took the pictures. The judge has tons of discretion. There is no way we can predict the outcome.
  3. #3
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,905
    While slide #10 is my favorite, slide #3 is your best bet for an outright dismissal:
    http://www.slideshare.net/lberezin/h...ing-no-parking

    If you have to argue with the ALJ, go in person with your photos, dress nice and cross your fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  4. #4
    CSO286 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Once upon a time, far, far, away...
    Posts
    5,318
    Quote Originally Posted by You Are Guilty View Post
    While slide #10 is my favorite, slide #3 is your best bet for an outright dismissal:
    http://www.slideshare.net/lberezin/h...ing-no-parking

    If you have to argue with the ALJ, go in person with your photos, dress nice and cross your fingers.
    Figures.

    Ohiogal likes this.
  5. #5
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,905
    What? I really like trucks.

    (+1 FA points to anyone who can ID what car that actually is - apparently not a Wrangler as I had suspected).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  6. #6
    HighwayMan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Galaxy at Large
    Posts
    5,300
    Looks like a Wrangler. FJ Cruiser?
  7. #7
    HighwayMan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Galaxy at Large
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by tatmann View Post
    The ticket was not issued until I had already been parked for 6.5 hours...
    Why do you think this is noteworthy? If you are under the impression that it will help your case you are wrong.
  8. #8
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,905
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayMan View Post
    Looks like a Wrangler. FJ Cruiser?
    Consensus says 2010 Wrangler, so you win the imaginary prize!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  9. #9
    HighwayMan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Galaxy at Large
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by You Are Guilty View Post
    Consensus says 2010 Wrangler, so you win the imaginary prize!
    Why did you say it was apparently not a Wrangler??
  10. #10
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,905
    Mentioned I thought it was a Wrangler to a coworker who took one look and said there was no way, and pulled up a google image of (probably a wrong year) Wrangler as proof.

    Curses google, foiled again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.

Similar Threads

  1. Settling a ticket for blocked driveway without court appearance
    By MortenJordan in forum Parking Tickets and Non-Moving Violations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
  2. Blocked Driveway ticket, need help!
    By pg210 in forum Parking Tickets and Non-Moving Violations
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. PARKING TICKET for parking in front of someone's driveway
    By ursieb in forum Parking Tickets and Non-Moving Violations
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
  4. Parking ticket placement on vehicle!? blocked fire hydrant
    By hairymango in forum Parking Tickets and Non-Moving Violations
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 05:30 PM
  5. Can I get a ticket for parking in my own driveway?
    By WaylonL in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2001, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.