• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket Code 8-1-1-15: Obstructing Traffice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

urenda05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico

I parked for a few minutes to run up to my apartment, as my complex only has paid parking spaces, because I forgot something. I was then ticketed for "Obstructing Traffice," when there was at least 10 feet of space for vehicles to pass by. After I received the 30-day notice, I mailed the courts to get a copy of my ticket, they sent it to me along with a picture of my car and the original ticket, so I then contested it. They sent me a paper asking to call a number to set up a court date, but there isn't a date of which to do it by. I have not called because I don't feel I have done enough research as far as what to say when I go, or if I should get a lawyer. I do not want a warrant, but I cannot afford to pay the 90-day notice.

My question, is, should I get a lawyer for this parking ticket?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I guess you've just got to prove that there was at least 10 feet of space. I suspect you're not going to be able to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">