• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket, do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jozzman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I recently received a parking citation for "Parked Facing Traffic", and under the Location and Violation Information the issuing officer wrote "100 Streetname". I live at 109 "the same street", and I know for a fact that there is no 100 Streetname. Now, I am fairly sure that the officer was referring to the 100 block of Streetname. However, and this is why I think I have an argument, the ticket does not say 100 block of Steetname. Please let me know if you think I have a valid argument for having the ticket dismissed.

Thanks!

antrc170

The validity of the arguement can really only be answered by the judge, if he/she will let you slide with the argument.

I doubt that it will work. The officer must specify the location so that it narrows down the spot of the infraction. Most judges will not require the exact location down to feet, etc. It is reasonable to construe that the location referred to the block and/or it is reasonable to assume that there was an exact address of '100 streetname'.

Jozzman

Thank you for the timely reply. I too am not 100% convinced my argument will win me a dismissal of the ticket. However, I am going to take it to court anyway because as you said - only the judge can decide. Also, I live by the premise that the answer will always be no if the question is never asked.

Thank you!

xylene

Sure the is a 100 Streetname

It indicates a place on the block.

Their is just no building with that address.

Surely your time has value...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">