• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket for FIRE LANE, but I was parked close to a FIRE HYDRANT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Serenity01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So this is the second time the situation has occurred.

First time:
I was at my parent's house at I parked on the curb in front of the house. I looked at my car the next morning and I saw that I got cited for V.C. Section 22500.1 Fire Lane

I did my research, took pictures and clearly showed that there was no indication of a fire lane as stated in that code and 22500 (since the code was an addition to 22500). Anyhow, I submitted it online, added the pictures, but I got a letter saying that a fire marshal came and took pictures showing TWO Fire Lane signs. Now at this, my parents were furious and since they offered to take it on their hands. Long story short - parents didn't do anything and they paid the citation. I was angry since I wanted to see the pictures of the imaginary fire lane signs but ... end game.

Today, I got the same ticket at the same location citing the same thing. Now, there is a Fire Hydrant code on the citation that clearly states that I can't park within 15 ft of a fire hydrant. I'm going to handle this one myself so I wanted to get some advice before proceeding.

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">